03 March 2010

TWO DAYS! :)

Two days from now Mandie and I will be sitting on a plane (hopefully next to each other...keeping our fingers crossed) on our way to Uganda.  Three weeks ago today I was telling Matt that I was ok with Mandie going to Uganda on a site visit without me.  That wasn't acceptable to him so here I am, going with her.  My bags are not packed and I need to work on it.  The pre-travel jitters are starting to set in and I'm constantly having to remind myself to trust the Lord.  I have my vaccinations and my malaria meds and my passport at Mandie's house with hers so that I won't have to go through the process of checking one hundred times to make sure I have everything important.


Mandie got her approval today to go to the March orientation for PIONEERS and they have finally appointed a new area leader for Uganda, so things are finally starting to fall into place on the PI end.  Hopefully we'll be able to start raising support soon!

Yikes it's becoming real!

Oh...check out Mandie's handiwork: http://somethingbeautifulafrica.com

I don't know how often we'll be able to update the blog for this ten days in Uganda, but I am taking my computer so we'll try! :)

Hmm....maybe I should start packing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment